These easy baked steak fajitas is a 20 minute healthy dinner that you want to get on your dinner menu ASAP! This easy recipe is bursting with flavor, but uses just a few simple ingredients, and its super versatile! It works beautifully for a low carb meal or just add rice or tortillas for some carbs!
Your simple ingredients:
- Flank steak
- Bell peppers
- Avocado oil
- Garlic powder
- Smoked paprika
- Crushed red pepper
How to make Baked Steak Fajitas:
First step: Make the marinade. Combine the oil, worcestershire, garlic powder, cumin, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper in medium mixing bowl, Whisk well to combine the ingredients, then pour into a gallon sized ziploc bag.
Next, slice the steak into thinly sliced pieces. Place the sliced steak in to the ziploc bag with the marinade.
After slicing the steak, slice your peppers and onions into thin slices, and add to the ziploc bag with the marinating steak. Let the steak, peppers and onions marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, up to overnight.
When you're ready to bake:
When done marinating, take out the ziploc bag and let the steak and peppers sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
Preheat oven to 425°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Pour the steak, pepper, and onions out of ziploc bag onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread the mixture out evenly on the pan, trying not to overcrowd the slices of steak.
Bake for 20 minutes, turning half way through.
How to eat Baked Steak Fajitas
These baked steak fajitas work perfectly for both low carb meal and a regular meal! To enjoy these fajitas for a low carb meal, enjoy them over cauliflower rice, make a steak fajita salad, or use a low carb wrap.
To add in some carbs with these fajitas, enjoy over rice (cilantro lime is my favorite!), with tortillas (corn tortillas to keep it gluten free), or make a fajita quesadilla with beans, YUM!
Need more quick weeknight dinner recipes?
Check out these popular recipes!
Baked Steak Fajitas
- Parchment Paper
- 1 ½ pounds flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- ¼ cup worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Whisk together oil, worcestershire, garlic powder, cumin, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and crushed red pepper in mixing bowl to make marinade.¼ cup avocado oil, ¼ cup worcestershire, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon cumin, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, ½ teaspoon smoked paprika, ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Pour the marinade into a large, gallon sized ziploc bag.
- Slice flank steak into thin slices, then place in ziploc bag with prepared marinade.1 ½ pounds flank steak, thinly sliced
- Thinly slice the bell peppers, and onion and add to the ziploc bag with marinating steak.1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced, 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced, 1 orange bell pepper, thinly sliced, 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Close ziploc bag, and refrigerate the steak and peppers for at least 4 hours, or up until overnight.
- When you are ready to bake the fajitas, take the ziploc bag out of fridge and let sit at room temperature while the oven preheats.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour the steak and pepper mixture onto lined baking sheet, and spread the mixture evenly, being careful not to overcrowd the slices of steak.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning half way through, and enjoy!