This overnight, dairy free breakfast casserole makes breakfast a breeze! This healthy, macro friendly dish is gluten free, dairy free, and the perfect make ahead breakfast for holiday mornings, or when you have guests in town!
This is one of my go-to Christmas morning breakfasts. I love that I can make it ahead of time, just pull it out on Christmas morning, pop it in the oven while the girls open gifts, and when all the fun settles...breakfast is ready!
What you'll need to make this breakfast casserole:
- Turkey sausage
- Avocado oil
- Shredded hashbrowns
- Unsweetened coconut milk
- Shredded cheddar, OR dairy-free cheddar
How to make this Dairy Free Breakfast Casserole
This easy breakfast comes together so quickly and easily. Simply, brown the sausage, then combine all ingredients in large bowl. Mix everything together, then pour in baking dish, cover, and refrigerate until it's time to bake it! So easy!
Can Breakfast Casserole be Made Ahead?
Yes! In fact, that is EXACTLY why this recipe is a favorite of mine! You can make this breakfast casserole up to 8-12 hours ahead of time. My favorite way is to make it on Christmas Eve after dinner, then let it chill overnight and bake it Christmas morning!
Is this Dairy Free Breakfast Casserole also Gluten-Free?
Yes! This breakfast dish is a perfect option for those avoiding gluten and daily. This casserole is naturally gluten-free, and also dairy-free as long as you choose a dairy-free cheese. However, if you are not trying to avoid dairy, you can certainly use milk, and regular cheese as well.
Looking for more healthy holiday recipes?
Click here for my free guide of simple, delicious, and macro friendly holiday recipes!
Need more gluten free breakfast options? Check these recipes out:
Dairy Free Breakfast Casserole
- 1 pound ground turkey sausage
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 8 eggs
- 1 package shredded hashbrowns
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar, divided Use dairy-free cheddar if avoiding dairy
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat avocado oil over medium heat.1 teaspoon avocado oil
- Add onions to pan and cook until translucent, 5-8 minutes.1/2 onion, chopped
- Add turkey sausage to pan and cook until browned.1 pound ground turkey sausage
- In a large bowl, combine cooked sausage and onion mixture with the eggs, hashbrowns, 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar, salt, pepper, and coconut milk.8 eggs, 1 package shredded hashbrowns, 1/2 cup shredded cheddar, divided, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Mix ingredients well and then transfer to large baking dish. Top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- When you are ready to cook the breakfast casserole, preheat oven to 350°
- Bake covered with foil for 1 hour to 1 hour, 15 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before cutting. Serve and enjoy!