It is not necessarily a willpower problem.
We are mid-way through January and it's about the time when people's willpower and motivation begin to decline. The excitement of a new plan or program can start to wear off. Especially if you are trying to make too many changes at once.
If you are starting to think this healthy eating thing is for the birds, I encourage you to think SIMPLE. The secret to sustaining your new healthy wellness efforts is to combat a lack of motivation with the help of simple systems and routines!
Combat a Lack of Willpower with Systems & Routines.
Here are some systems & routines that you might want to add to gain traction towards your goals:
- A Sunday meal planning routine with simple dishes.
- Repeat your favorite breakfasts or lunches a couple times a week.
- Use dinner leftovers for lunches.
- Put leftovers into glass serving dish, so lunch is ready for you.
- Order grocery pick up so you have fresh foods in the house.
- Take your vitamins while your coffee is brewing.
- Layout your workout clothes the night before so you are ready to go.
- Establish a consistent bedtime routine and make sure you are getting 6-9 hours of sleep each night.
- Set up an accountability check-in with a partner or coach.
- Celebrate on Fridays all the awesome things you did for yourself the past week.
Your willpower is like a battery and it can run low. Don't rely on willpower alone, set yourself up for success with simple systems and routines.
Need simple healthy meals your entire family will love? Download my Weeknight Family Favorites.
Not sure what you should be eating to look and feel your best? Grab my Macros Made Simple Guide and learn a simple system to take control of your nutrition.
Do you have a system or a routine that helps you stay consistent when your willpower is low?