This candied pecan chex mix is such an easy and delicious holiday snack. It comes together with just a few ingredients, and serves as the perfect addition to your holiday charcuterie board!
What You Need for Candied Pecan Chex Mix:
The ingredient list for this recipe is short, which makes this snack even better, right!? Grab these items from the store on your next visit so you can whip up this delish, but healthy-ish treat!
- Avocado oil
- Maple syrup
- Pecan halves
- Chex mix cereal ( I use both rice and corn)
- Dried cranberries
Making this Pecan Chex Mix
This yummy snack comes together in no time. Start off by combining the oil, syrup, and cinnamon in small pan over medium heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened.
While the syrup coating is simmering, pour the cereal, pecans and cranberries in to a large mixing bowl.
After the maple syrup mixture has thickened, pour it over the chex mix in the large bowl, and stir until the mix is evenly and well coated.
Pour the coated mixture onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper, ensuring it is all one even layer. Sprinkle salt on top of mix before baking.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, turning halfway through. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. The longer the mix cools, the crunchier it will be.
This candied pecan chex mix is irresistibly scrumptious, and highly addicting, haha! However, 100% worth the splurge, and as always I have the macros pre-tracked for you in My Fitness Pal, so if you are actively tracking your macros, you can easily plug those in and stay on track with zero guilt!
Looking for more healthy holiday snacks!?
Check out this Gingerbread Protein Balls recipe!
Candied Pecan Chex Mix
- Parchment Paper
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups pecan halves
- ½ cup corn Chex Mix cereal
- ½ cup rice Chex Mix cereal
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine avocado oil, maple syrup, and cinnamon in small sauce pan over medium heat.¼ cup pure maple syrup, 2 tablespoons avocado oil, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Bring the maple syrup mixture to a simmer, stirring frequently, until mixture is slightly thickened.
- While syrup mixture is simmering, combine the chex mix cereal, pecans, and cranberries in to a large mixing bowl.2 cups pecan halves, ½ cup corn Chex Mix cereal, ½ cup rice Chex Mix cereal, ¼ cup dried cranberries
- After syrup mixture has thickened, pour it over all the cereal and pecan mix in the large bowl.
- Stir well to evenly coat the mix.
- Pour the coated mixture onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper, ensuring to make one even layer.
- Sprinkle the pecan and chex mix with salt.¼ teaspoon salt
- Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to completely cool, at least 10 minutes before serving.
If you try out this candied pecan chex mix, be sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see you enjoying it! And if you try it and love it, a 5 star rating and review below would mean the world to me!