When Taco Tuesday rolls around and you need a low-carb option, THIS is the recipe you want! I gotta be honest, I waited a long time before I jumped on the taco stuffed zucchini boats train. At first, I was super skeptical and just thought the whole idea was a little awful but HOT DANG!! So it turns out, I was missing out, man!
Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats Ingredients
Needing only four ingredients to make these makes them an instant winner. All you need is zucchini, ground beef, rotel, and taco seasoning (i use my super easy homemade taco seasoning). These little gems are delicious and super easy to customize to your liking! I love to load mine up with a little cheese, sour cream, pico, cilantro, and of course the best part, GUAC! So if you're looking for a meal low on carbs, but not short on flavor, here it is!
Ideas for toppings:
- Pico de gallo
- Shredded cheese
- Cojita cheese
- Sour cream
- Black olives
If you give these zucchini taco boats a try, leave a comment below, rate them, and don’t forget to tag a picture @fatlossmama on Instagram! I would love to see you enjoying them!
- 4 zucchini
- 1 pound ground beef (85% fat)
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 pack taco seasoning or make my homemade taco seasoning
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Slice zucchini in half, lengthwise, then scoop out seeds and hollow it out just a little.4 zucchini
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and place zucchini halves on the baking sheet, then spray zucchini with olive oil spray and season with salt and pepper.Place in preheated oven for 10 minutes.olive oil spray, salt, pepper
- While zucchini is in the oven, brown the ground beef. Drain the beef, return to pan and add the Rotel and taco seasoning. Simmer 2-3 minutes to combine all the flavors.1 pound ground beef, 1 can Rotel, 1 pack taco seasoning or make my homemade taco seasoning
- Remove zucchini from oven, and stuff with the beef taco mixture. Return to oven and bake for 20 minutes. Top with your favorite Mexican toppings and enjoy!